FXBG Fall Fashion Trends
Monkee's of Fredericksburg
By: Catherine Sullivan-Owner and Rhiannon Lawson- Manager and Buyer of Monkee’s of Fredericksburg
It’s almost Fall and we can barely contain our excitement! Bring on cooler night, cozy sweaters, bonfires, football games, and all the pumpkin things a girl can find! Fall is our absolute favorite season at Monkee’s of Fredericksburg and we have been waiting (impatiently) since our NYC buying trip in February to share all the must have Fall trends!
• Fall is ALL in the details – Fringe, embellishments, lace, braiding, bell sleeve and cold shoulder are still going strong.
• Velvet is having a big moment right now – the 90’s are BACK and better than ever. You can wear it anywhere from your head to your feet! We love them in a slide on mule, in our handbags or in a great basic dress!
• BOOTS & BOOTIES: We are still seeing over the knee, but even stronger this season are mules, loafers and slip on – we are loving the open heel look and still favoring suede over leather for this season! Also, we are moving to a block heel over a pointed/stiletto style.
• Coatigans: The comfort of a cardigan but the structure and chicness of a coat. You’re wearing this all day and any style is a go – wear them in a neutral, colorful, striped or embroidered!
• Distressed and released hem denim is here to stay (yes Dad, I paid for them to have holes... insert eye roll here...). The best part about denim right now is if you love it you should wear it. High waist, angled hems, ankle length, black & grey, boot cut and more!
• This fall we’re bringing our florals with us! Dark floral is making waves in tops, dresses, handbags and accessories!
• A Must Have: Oversized Sherpas. Our True Grit popovers are our favorite to run to your local coffee shop or get cozy on the couch with a book. Also, look for DYLAN oversized Sherpa vests.
• At Monkee’s we believe Leopard is a neutral (because it is). Splash Leopard in your shoes, your coatigan, your bag – literally anything (note we said not everything, but anything!)
• Insta Worthy statement earrings are continuing and any and all rose gold jewelry is a YES! We’re not complaining...
• ATHLEISURE: When your comfiest white sneakers become fashionable, is this not the greatest?! Wear them with your destressed denim or a dress – casual or dressy!
• Hot Colors to look for: Plums & burgundies, marina blue, navy peony, ballet slipper pink, neutral greys, grenadine and autumn maple!